CONTACT US TODAY:
From the first moment we speak with you on the phone we inquire about the needs of the senior as well as those of the caretakers. It is our goal to create a comprehensive plan with you and your loved ones to make sure the client can continue to live independently, safely and happily at home.
Frequently asked questions
1. What are Elder Care Home Companions?
Elder Care Home Companions provide non-medical companion services that provide emotional support and companionship that is tailored for each client.
2. How is Golden Steps Cooperative different from similar services?
Golden Steps is a worker-owned cooperative, which means that all of the members make decisions about the business collectively by meeting bi-monthly and participating in various work committees to further their professional skills and the success of their business. The companions that the clients and families work with are also the owners of the cooperative; therefore the commitment and dedication to high quality care are apparent from the start.
3. How are your companions prepared to meet the needs of their new client?
When a client calls us for the first time, our office manager assesses what the basic needs are of the senior. An interview is then scheduled between a companion, the senior and the caretakers (if applicable) to discuss wishes of the senior and his/her family members. This is a great opportunity to ask questions about the companion’s work experience as well. If it seems to be a good match, an initial meeting is scheduled in order for the companion to conduct a thorough assessment of the client’s needs before initiating the ongoing companionship care.
4. Are your services available in Assisted Living facilities, Nursing Homes or Rehabilitation centers?
Yes. Our services are able to be rendered anywhere seniors need assistance. Prior arrangements need to be made with the facilities to be able to start services.
5. Does Medicaid or Private Insurance pay for your services?
Yes. We are able to accept payments under some private long-term care insurance plans. We can also provide services to certain Medicaid eligible clients. Please contact our office for more detail.
6. How far in advance should we contact Elder Home Companions prior to starting services?
You may call us at any time. As soon you know you would like services. It is imperative that we meet with the client and/or family to ensure proper care. In this way we can make the best possible match for your needs. But there are times when a situation arises that require expediency. Under those stressful situations we will do our best to accommodate you in a timely manner, helping you to ease your stress.
7. What type of Elder Home Companion services do you offer?
- Hourly (3 hour minimum)
- Full Time (40 hours/week)
- Overnight /12 hours
- 24 Hour (completed between two companions)
8. I see that you are based in Brooklyn, NY. Do you serve the other boroughs?
Yes, we serve all five boroughs of New York City.